cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0.3 shuts down after 4 hours

rbulthuis
Level 1
Level 1

It seems I have some kind of licensing issue. Unity doesn't accept any calls after 4 hours. Stopping and Starting Unity will fix it for another 4 hours.

Event Viewer shows CiscoUnity_Arbiter, Event ID 1026, "Licensing restrictions have been violated."

I already tried System Administrator, Class of Service, Licensed Features, and unchecked Cisco Unity Box.

Any other ideas?

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That'll happen if you have a failover license on a Unity server - if it can't contact it's partner primary Unity server it'll shut itself down after 4 hours.

afuller
Level 4
Level 4

Did you install a license key during your 4.0.3 install? Go to Start > Programs > Unity > Licensing and check to see if anything is out of whack. For example, after an upgrade to 4.0 we see a lot of customers find themselves with a COS that is assigning the Cisco Unity Inbox when they don't have that licensed. This can be fixed by going into the SAWeb > COS > Licensed Features, finding the offending class of service, and disabling whatever feature isn't licensed.

adam

Yes, that was the problem. I had to make sure to uncheck Cisco Unity Inbox from each one. So I hit find under COS and pulled up tts, Administrator, and Subscriber, then Licensed Features and removed the check. Then it worked fine.

Thanks.

Ron