Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

unity 4.0(4) restore to unity 4.0(5)

Dear sir,

can i back up using the cisco bars 4.0.9 the current unity server 4.0(4) and restore to unity server 4.0(5) ? any idea of unity backup and restore software or any way to do that? i want to change to machine to latest .

thanks.

2 REPLIES

Re: unity 4.0(4) restore to unity 4.0(5)

You can only use BARS to backup a Unity box and restore to the same Unity version. My advice:

install a new server to with Unity as the same version as your old. Use BARS to backup your old server, then restore the settings to your new server.

On the new server with all the your current data, run Unity to upgrade to a newer version.

Test, retest and if ti works, you are set. If it does not, you still have the old one to go to.

You can also accomplish this using the Mirror drive technique. Pulling one drive out, upgrading and testing. If it does not work, swp the drives and push the old version back in the primary. back in business.

hope this helps.

Re: unity 4.0(4) restore to unity 4.0(5)

The method is correct, but BARS is for CallManager and CRS servers. DiRT is the Unity Disaster Recovery Tool for Backup and Restores.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content