Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 4.0(5) caller input immediately after greeting is played.

A customer of ours was doing who knows what or why in the Unity TUI and noticed that the 0-out option is not recognized immediately after a subscriber greeting is played. This is also at the point where the system announces to press 1 to send, 4 to re-record, 6 to cancel and so on. When pressing 0, the system announces that it is not a recognized/valid entry.

Is this a system prompt that cannot have caller input associated to it? I see that I can add caller input options to the Goodbye handler however this would essentially create the same destination for all locations which wouldn't be right and probably wouldn't give the caller much time to hit 0 anyway. I appreciate the feedback/help in advance. Thanks!

- Shane

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unity 4.0(5) caller input immediately after greeting is play

Hi Shane -

The 0-out option is most often coded on the Subscriber's Caller Input page in the Unity SA. While a subscriber's greeting is being played (before the record tone prompt), the caller can hit the 0-key and be transferred to a live body, i.e. Reception, Supervisor etc. Notice the checkbox on the Greeting page says "During greeting, "Allow caller input". The after greeting action, by default, is to take a message. Once the caller is in the after greeting processing, the 0-key is no longer in affect. The after Message action is to route the caller to the Goodbye handler. During the Goodbye greeting, caller input is again, by default, allowed. What you can do for your subscribers is create/customize your own Goodbye handlers for each team of subscribers that would prompt other key options from callers should they remain on the line. Usually callers leave a message and then hang up. But in your example, you would alter the default after message action for a subscriber and route to the custom Goodbye handler instead of Unity's default one.

Ginger

2 REPLIES

Hi Shane -

The 0-out option is most often coded on the Subscriber's Caller Input page in the Unity SA. While a subscriber's greeting is being played (before the record tone prompt), the caller can hit the 0-key and be transferred to a live body, i.e. Reception, Supervisor etc. Notice the checkbox on the Greeting page says "During greeting, "Allow caller input". The after greeting action, by default, is to take a message. Once the caller is in the after greeting processing, the 0-key is no longer in affect. The after Message action is to route the caller to the Goodbye handler. During the Goodbye greeting, caller input is again, by default, allowed. What you can do for your subscribers is create/customize your own Goodbye handlers for each team of subscribers that would prompt other key options from callers should they remain on the line. Usually callers leave a message and then hang up. But in your example, you would alter the default after message action for a subscriber and route to the custom Goodbye handler instead of Unity's default one.

Ginger

Thanks for the input Ginger, that answers my question exactly how I was hoping. It verified my thoughts as well.

Again, Thanks!

- Shane

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content