cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0.5 Error greeting

JacobMunson
Level 1
Level 1

Each Subscriber and Call Handler have several different greetings. Each has an Alternate, Busy, Closed, Error, Internal, and Standard greeting setting. Is what triggers these documented anywhere? the Alternate, Closed and Standard are easy but I am not sure when the others would be used.

Thanks for the help.

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jacob,

Good question!

"error greeting" - The recording that plays when Cisco Unity receives an invalid entry from a caller.

The error greeting dictates where the callers are routed when an invalid entry is made while in a call handler or subscriber greeting. By default, callers are played a prompt that says "I am sorry, I did not hear that selection" and are routed back to the opening greeting call handler. If this greeting is not desired, you can change the error greeting and adjust it like any other greeting in the system. This document describes how to configure Cisco Unity to repeat the same greeting even if you press an invalid key.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_configuration_example09186a00806557c6.shtml

Alternate Greeting

Enable this greeting to play during a specific time period when you want to indicate special circumstances, such as when you are on vacation. (For example, "I will be out of the office until....")

As long as it is enabled, the alternate greeting overrides all other greetings.

Your Cisco Unity administrator specifies whether Cisco Unity transfers callers to your greeting without ringing your phone, whether callers are able to skip your greeting, and whether callers can leave you a message when your alternate greeting is enabled. The Alternate Greeting page in the Cisco PCA indicates the caller options that your administrator has enabled for you. It is important to note that caller options do not apply when an outsider caller or another subscriber dials your extension directly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Cisco PCA displays a reminder when you have your alternate greeting turned on. Depending on how Cisco Unity is set up, Cisco Unity may also play a prompt to remind you when your alternate greeting is enabled after you log on by phone.

Busy Greeting

Enable this greeting to indicate when you are on the phone. (For example, "I am currently on another line, please leave a message....")

As long as it is enabled, the busy greeting overrides the standard, closed, and internal greetings when your phone is busy.

Note that not all phone systems provide the support necessary for the Cisco Unity busy greeting to work. For assistance, talk to your Cisco Unity administrator.

Internal Greeting

Enable this greeting to provide information that coworkers need to know. (For example, "I will be in conference room B until noon today....")

As long as it is enabled, the internal greeting overrides the standard and off-hours greetings, and plays only to callers within your organization when you do not answer your phone.

Note that not all phone systems provide the support necessary for the Cisco Unity internal greeting to work. For assistance, talk to your Cisco Unity administrator.

Closed (Off Hours)

Greeting Enable this greeting if you want Cisco Unity to play a special greeting during the nonwork hours that your Cisco Unity administrator specified for your organization. (For example, "Sorry, I am not available to answer your call. Company office hours are...")

As long as it is enabled, the closed greeting overrides the standard greeting during nonbusiness hours.

Standard Greeting

This greeting plays during the work hours that your Cisco Unity administrator specified for your organization, or in other situations when no other greeting is enabled.

By design, the standard greeting cannot be disabled.

Cisco Unity prompts you to record the standard greeting when you enroll as a subscriber. (For example, "I am away from my desk right now...")

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/405/user/guide/exum/405um120.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: