cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0 and Exchange 2000 and logging

sonal-patel
Level 1
Level 1

How do i enable the Transport Event Sink logging?

3 Replies 3

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

I wrote a white paper up on the VPIM Transport Event Sink which is in the final review stage. This is from the section on logging:

==================================================

VPIM Transport Event Sink Logging:

VPIM Transport Event Sink logging is a feature of the VPIM Transport Event Sink. Called during execution of the VPIM Transport Event Sink; the log is the primary tool used to troubleshoot the logic of the VPIM Transport Event Sink.

Two registry keys located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\AvTransSink control the VPIM Transport Event Sink Logging:

The LogLevel DWORD is used to enable or disable logging. A value of 1 enables and a value of 0 disables.

The LogFilePath string value provides the path for the VPIM Transport Event Sink to log to. The value must be a local path and include a \ at the end.

Example:

C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\VoiceGateway\logFiles\

When the VPIM Transport Event Sink is installed as part of the Exchange 2000 Voice Gateway installation the keys are automatically created. When manually installed they are not.

Enabling and disabling logging or changing the log path requires a restart of the IIS Admin Service. Once enabled, data is logged to a file named CsEventSync.log which is created automatically.

==================================================

I will talk to Jeff about posting an early copy on ciscounitytools.com...

Thanks,

Keith

sonal-patel
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your reply.

Keith's document is now available on the Documents page of CiscoUnityTools.com here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Documents.htm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: