Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 4.0 and Exchange 2K and importing subscriber

I originally had a Unity 4.0 server integrated with off box Exchnage 2K. I then took that Unity box offline and installed a new Unity 4.0 box, purpose was to change the name. I deleted the subscribers from the old unity box, now when i try to import a few users it says they already exist. I've deleted their exchange mailbox but still get this error. Also when you go into Exchange under mailboxes the mailboxes i deleted still appear in the list. How do i get rid of it?

I can go into Unity and add a new subscriber with a different alias but i do not want to do this because it creates a duplicate user in Active Directory.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 4.0 and Exchange 2K and importing subscriber

The properties Unity adds to the AD account when you import them are still on those users in the directory and the new Unity assumes they are owned by another Unity server on the network and wont let you import them. Just removing the mailbox off an AD user has no effect on this at all - the properties we write to are stored in AD and are not related to the mailbox.

To import these users again you'll have to clean those properties off those users (and, of course, make sure they have mailboxes defined again - can't be a Unity subscriber without a mailbox). You can do this with the "Remove Subscriber Properties" you can get off www.CiscoUnityTools.com or through the Global Subscriber Manager which should be installed in Tools Depot on your 4.0 system already - it has the same "remove subscriber properties" capabilities built into it.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content