Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 4.0 Call Handler

I have an application for nested call handlers where the initial greeting directs you to dial 1 for basketball information, 2 for football information, 3 for soccer information, and so on. When the caller dials 1 he will typically just receive an announcement: The next game is Feb 20 at 8 PM vs University of X at the campus field house. The game is sold out. Dialing 2, 3, etc will get a similar announcement and maybe link to another call handler.

The question is can the announcement in the call handler simply be stored/linked to the call handler rather than a subscriber mailbox # which uses up a unity license? If so is there a way for the department to update this announcement from a phone without involving telecom management and Unity management access to begin the record process?

I assume if the announcement must be linked to a mailbox # that the department can login into unity over the phone access the mailbox number and record a new announcement. The main concern is the cost of a unity license for each subscriber mailbox to store a simple announcement --- no messages will be left in the store. Our current Meridian Mail does not require a mailbox # to link to these announcements.

Thanks,

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 4.0 Call Handler

You can have the links go to call handlers no problem (this is how the application should be designed, not linkint to subscriber mailboxes). In Unity 4.0(2) and later you can use the "greetings administration" conversation to let folks record the greetings for call handlers over the phone interface - if the user who is dialing in is listed as the owner of the handler (or is a member of the DL that is listed as the owner of the handler) then they will be allowed to gain access to the greetings for the handler.

So there's no need to use subscribers in this scenario at all...

Here's the link to the system administration guide for 4.0(3) to the section talking about using the Greetings Administration conversation:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity40/sag/sag403/ex/sag_0045.htm#1058184

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

You can have the links go to call handlers no problem (this is how the application should be designed, not linkint to subscriber mailboxes). In Unity 4.0(2) and later you can use the "greetings administration" conversation to let folks record the greetings for call handlers over the phone interface - if the user who is dialing in is listed as the owner of the handler (or is a member of the DL that is listed as the owner of the handler) then they will be allowed to gain access to the greetings for the handler.

So there's no need to use subscribers in this scenario at all...

Here's the link to the system administration guide for 4.0(3) to the section talking about using the Greetings Administration conversation:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity40/sag/sag403/ex/sag_0045.htm#1058184

Anonymous
N/A

Thanks.

I was getting close. I realized I could link the announcement to the call handler greeting. I just couldn't figure out how to let the departments update the messages as they needed without my intervention. I will have to tinker with "greetings administration" and figure out how it works. The links should provide the proper steps.

Using subscriber mailboxes seemed a waste to me -- glad this resolves the problem.

Views
Helpful
Replies