Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0: deleting messages permanently in a Voice Mail only System

I have a unity licensed only for voice Mail with excahnge 2000 in the same server.

I would want to know if there is any way that when a user deletes a message from its saved messages, they are really deleted and not moved to the deleted items box, I think this is the usual behaviour in a Voice Mail System and I think that as you can't have a system with mixed user licenses ( Voice Mail, and Unified Messaging) this feature haven't any sense because you can't "undelete" voice messages through TUI, in a Voice only system.

I Know I can do this with the "Mailbox Manager available at XADM" but the worst of all is that the end users are asking what this means in the conversation of their mail voice system, Besides this when you select to delete your "deleted messages you must confirm this selection.

As a workaround could this option of the subscriber conversation be removed?

Regards,

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is an option on the Class of Service on the Messages page where you can decide if users assigned to that COS have their messages removed vs. moved to the delted items folder.

I have this option unchecked But I'm not sure about it's working, anyway could the user get rid in its conversation of this options?

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: