cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0 Dual Integration Behaving Wacky

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

I first integrate Unity 4.0 wih NEAX 2400 and the integration works fine. Unity is licensed for 32 ports, and ports 1-24 are assigned to Dialogic integration.

Then I integrate it with Callmanager. In UTIM, under CCM integration, Ports tab, I click "Add Ports" and number of ports = 8; Unity should assign ports 25-32 for CCM TSP integration. However, upon reboot I find that ports 1-8 are assigned to CCM integration, and ports 9-24 are assigned to Dialogic.

This is not how it should work, correct? When a subscriber homed to NEAX PBX calls Unity, he just received dead air, but the Integration Monitor shows that the call is coming into Unity.

The real question is why does Unity 4.0 assign the first 8 ports to CCM Integration, instead of the last 8 ports?

Thanks,

Partha

6 Replies 6

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which integration is listed first (top) in the UTIM? Port numbers will be assigned top down. When you add ports to the first integration they are inserted in front of the second integration. The ports of the second integration will be renumbered to make room for the new ports.

If this is what you're experiencing, you might try deleting the CCM integration then re-add it. Doing this should get CCM listed second and thus any ports added to it will be added behind existing ports.

In theory it shouldn't matter what order you create integrations or ports but the usual convention is for CCM to be second.

Regards,

Eric

NEAX Integration is listed first in UTIM, and ports 1-24 were assigned to NEAX, and all was working fine. However as soon as we added the CCM integration and added 8 ports, it asked for reboot. Upon reboot, we opened the UTIM; now NEAX Integration is listed first then CCM Integration, but the ports 1-8 are assigned to CCM and ports 9-24 are assigned to NEAX. This is where it messed up!

I have 32 Unity port license, so as per my config order, port 1-24 should be assigned to NEAX, and 25-32 should be assigned to CCM.

Hmm, that is wacky then. So the UTIM now only shows 16 ports assigned to the NEAX? It definitely should not be removing ports from an integration without you asking it to.

Sorry I don't have any further insight as to why it has done this. My best suggestion would be to delete both integrations, reboot and, starting with a clean slate, recreate both integrations. If the UTIM can't sort things out from there you might want to give TAC a call.

Yeah, we recreated the integrations a couple times, but no luck! The last try gave us ports 1-8 assigned to CCM Integration and ports 9-32 assigned to NEAX Integration; but like I said we completed the NEAX Integration first and then added the CCM Integration.

I will have to give a try with TAC.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Were you still hitting the dead air problem when you got it to 1-8 CCM and 9-32 NEAX? This should be a valid config and works fine on most systems.

Yes, still dead air, and Integration Monitor shows data passing between PBX and Unity.

Is it a valid config, the first set of ports being assigned to CCM integration and not PBX?

Even if it is valid in 4.0, the order in which the integrations were created and order in which the ports were assigned are reversed, and that's where the problem is,correct?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: