Helpful
Replies

UNITY 4.0 - Error in Setup, Setup is aborting

5mgagnon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi !

From a newly installed server :

The 4.0.1 Setup is giving an error code =3 ..when it didn't find the "Sentinel" Drivers , and the setup is aborted .

Maybe I'm wrong ... but Sentinel is no more used ? On 4.0, since we dont have to use Rainbow Sentinel Dongle ?

Martin

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

that's correct but if it thought it was doing an upgrade it would want to find the driver to read the old key - any chance this box had a 3.x version installed on it at one point that was not entirely removed?

I understand your point of view ..

But .. Can we assume that if we upgrade a working server it's certain that the Sentinel Drivers will already be installed .. and fonctional ? Anyway

This is a "new" install, I just build the server from scratch ...

About this, I will be able to update the case about the Event Viewer Error in few minutes .. I'm about the acheive the 4.0 new install by noon . The server is "English, US" and all regional settings are English US also .

Will keep you posted !

Martin

bobd100
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same error when running Unity CD1 via terminal services, when I ran it locally, it ran without an error.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: