Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Unity 4.0 Install problem!

Im installing Unity 4.0 on a fresh system, I get to the part where it is configuring the message store... I get the following message:

The account specified does not have Full Control permission on EcsbuUMLocation objects in the Location OU...

I have check this and the Install Account Does have full control access to EcsbuUMLocation.. I haven even given the account full control to the entire ou...

Does any one know how to get past this?

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Unity 4.0 Install problem!

Are you trying to use a custom OU for locations or are you letting Unity create one? Check out this bug that I filed on 4.0(1).

==================================

CSCdz37097

Config Setup only checks for permission on the default Locations OU.

During a normal installation of Unity 4.0 a customer runs the Permissions Wizard before installing Unity. The Permissions Wizard allows the customer to choose an OU to use for Unity location objects. The Permissions Wizard gives the installer and directory service account the proper permission on that OU.

Then, Configuration Setup allows a user to select the OU to use for the Unity location objects. After selecting an OU other than /Unity/Locations and clicking next, setup displays the following error:

=================================

setup

The following problem was found while verifying that the system meets the installation requirements:

The specified user does not have full control permission on ciscoEcsbuUMLocation objects in the Unity Locations organizational unit.

=================================

The issue is that configuration setup is checking permissions on the /Unity/Locations OU even though the installer specified a different OU to use. So even thought the container becomes selectable to resolve CSCdy60023 the permissions logic wasn't updated.

Workarounds:

Workaround 1:

Grant the installer account the following rights:

Create ciscoEcsbuUMLocation objects applied to this object and all child objects on the /Unity/Locations OU

Full control applied on ciscoEcsbuUMLocation objects on the /Unity/Locations OU

Rerun Configuration Setup.

Workaround 2:

Remove the following text from \CommServer\SysCheck\ENU\ConfigurationSetup\TestUnityOUCreate.xml file:

HasContainerAccessRights

Check for full control on ciscoEcsbuUMLocation objects in Unity Locations OU or container

none

DenyFullControl

Right not granted

The specified user does not have full control permission on ciscoEcsbuUMLocation objects in the Unity Locations organizational unit.

Call Technical Support.

Rerun Configuration Setup.

Community Member

Yes this was the deal.

Gold

Ok cool. If you happen to have a case open please ask the engineer to link the case to this bug.

Thanks!

Keith

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content