cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0 Install Question

wrkemmer
Level 1
Level 1

I am going to be installing Unity 4.0 and connect to an existing Exchange cluster for mail store (off box Excahnge 2000). In the past, with Unity 3.1.5, I was advised to install the full version of Exchange (not just admin software) on the Unity box even though the message stores all existed off box. The thinking was that the Unity box would just become another Excahnge server in the cluster. In the install guide for Unity 4.0 it says to install the Exchange administration software on the Unity box to connect to Exchange, but I'm wondering if it is supported in 4.0 to do what I did for earlier versions and just install a full Exchange server on box (even though the stores will not be used.) This worked in the past and I want to know if this is still valid with 4.0

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

uversave
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

From you description it looks like you are doing Unified Messaging (1 mailbox for voice and mail messages)

So have a look at the extract out of the design guide

"For Unified Messaging configurations, we do not support installing Exchange 2000 on the Cisco Unity server, nor do we support using the Cisco Unity server as a DC/GC. For more information on supported domain configurations, see the "Windows 2000 Domain Configurations" section."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a00801187c6.html

Ullie

Ullie