Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity 4.0 License Problem

I'm getting the following error when trying to initially add either a 4.0 demo license (either temporary or 2 port default):

The encryption code for feature AD_CONSOLEJava is invalid in license file C:\CommServer\Licenses\UNITY420030604144311993.lic.

The encryption code for feature AP_DFMSolarisSparc is invalid in license file C:\CommServer\Licenses\UNITY420030604144311993.lic.

The encryption code for feature AP_DFMWindows_NTX86 is invalid in license file C:\CommServer\Licenses\UNITY420030604144311993.lic.

The encryption code for feature AP_ICSRVSolarisSparc is invalid in license file C:\CommServer\Licenses\UNITY420030604144311993.lic.

The encryption code for feature AP_ICSRVWindows_NTX86 is invalid in license file C:\CommServer\Licenses\UNITY420030604144311993.lic.

The encryption code for feature DMC_DECSSolarisSparc is invalid in license file C:\CommServer\Licenses\UNITY420030604144311993.lic.

The encryption code for feature DMC_DECSWindows_NTX86 is invalid in license file C:\CommServer\Licenses\UNITY420030604144311993.lic.

The encryption code for feature VN_CISCOSolarisSparc is invalid in license file C:\CommServer\Licenses\UNITY420030604144311993.lic.

The encryption code for feature VN_CISCOWindows_NTX86 is invalid in license file C:\CommServer\Licenses\UNITY420030604144311993.lic.

This is a DL320 server which W2K SP3.

Any ideas ?

Chris

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 4.0 License Problem

Chris - That does not appear to be a Cisco Unity license file. Files issued by Cisco for Cisco Unity should not generate errors relating to the encryption code, and the feature names (e.g., "AP_DFMSolarisSparc") are not feature names used for Cisco Unity.

There are two types of Cisco Unity demonstration files:

(1) The "default" license file (CiscoUnity40.lic) distributed with Unity on the CDs in the Licenses folder.

(2) Time-limited demonstration files you can request from the Cisco Web site.

The name of your file indicates the file is the latter (2). If that's the case then you somehow ended up with the wrong license file. To obtain a replacement, e-mail licensing@cisco.com and explain the situation in your e-mail.

- Jim Bohrer

Thanks Jim.

I've actually tried it with both the default license file and as a 2nd choice, the time limited demonstration file, both with the same result.

Question. Should the avlic service be installed at this point of the installation ? (it isn't) and is it possible that this is the cause of the problem I'm seeing.

This is a lab server and does have Cisco Works still installed. Judging from the output, I'm guessing that there is something installed in the registry, environment or in the file system which is interfering. I've already uninstalled Unity and reinstalled, and am now uninstalling CiscoWorks.

We'll see...

Yes. That was the problem.

It looks like CW2K and Unity have a common licensing engine of some form. In fact, after I uninstalled CW2k, the license wizard wouldn't recognize the license at all and I needed to reinstall Unity.

Anyway, after that it installed fine.

Thanks,

Chris

Cisco Employee

Good information - thanks for the follow up. Looks like we need to check for this up front or something.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content