cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0 permissions wizard fails on "deletd obects"

jbaly
Level 4
Level 4

Followed the install guide exactly but can't get past the permissions wizard failing on:

Problem Description: Deleted Objects rights: marshalls.co.uk/Deleted Objects

FAILED granting List contents rights

FAILED granting Read Properties rights

Any ideas?

TIA

James Baly

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

chatting with the guy that wrote the PW, he tells me to "make sure the account running PW has 'Take ownership of files and other objects' privilege. By default, Administrators have this privilege, and I really doubt that this is what's at play here, but you might as well check."

Also, can you grab the PW diag log and send it to me? I'll pass it along and see if it has anything to day that speaks to this issue. The log file is called "PWDiag.log" and can be found in the current temp directory (you can get there quickly from the command prompt by typing "cd %temp%").

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What account are you running PW with? That error usually means whatever account you're using doesn't have the juice to grant those rights on the deleted items folder. We need those for detecting when objects are deleted in AD such that we can remove those guys from our local SQL database (i.e. when you remove a subscirber or DL in AD we don't keep a "ghost" of that object around).

UnityAdmin - with domain admin rights, full administrator, operating system rights.

I've also tried a full AD Admin PW but still no joy.

James

Jeff,

Tried different accounts (including UnityAdmin and UnityInstall) but still no luck. Is there a "guaranteed" account that works?

James

chatting with the guy that wrote the PW, he tells me to "make sure the account running PW has 'Take ownership of files and other objects' privilege. By default, Administrators have this privilege, and I really doubt that this is what's at play here, but you might as well check."

Also, can you grab the PW diag log and send it to me? I'll pass it along and see if it has anything to day that speaks to this issue. The log file is called "PWDiag.log" and can be found in the current temp directory (you can get there quickly from the command prompt by typing "cd %temp%").

He was right! Adding this privilege to the Domain Admins group worked. (One to remember for next time!).

As always, thanks for your excellent help and prompt responses!

Regards,

James