cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0 upgrade, GroupWise and Toshiba PBX

rsencer
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently running Unity version 2.4.6.161 due to the fact that 3.x does not support our Toshiba DK-280 PBX. We are also looking into replacing Exchange Server with GroupWise. I have heard through TAC that Unity 4.0 is going to support GroupWise, but I don't know if it will support my Toshiba. Does anyone have any information on this? I'm also curious if I can use CallManager to be my interface betweeen Unity and my Toshiba PBX?

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity 4.0 is not going to support Groupwise. We are adding support for Domino to existing support for Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000 in 4.0.

TAC told you this? That has never even been on the planned roadmap let alone commited for a release of Unity.

That's what I was told, and then directed to this message board for more information. So your saying that GroupWise will still not be supported? Is there any way to utilize GroupWise and Exchange together and actually recieve the voice messages in a GroupWise mailbox?

FYI, I don't think this would be a "supported" integration, but if your Toshiba DK-280 has a serial port you can program the 280 to use SMDI Centrex (DMS) integration... i.e. the PBX will look just like a standard Centrex SMDI integration (which IS supported). You will need to know how to program the Toshiba side pretty well in order to set up the right number of SMDI digits/masks etc. and get SMDI integration for the Unity.

Thank you for the info. Do you have any more info on the Centrex (DMS) integration for Unity or know the best place to find it?

Yup it's on CCO. Here's a link to the latest published integration guide.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/integuid/centsmdi/centx312/index.htm

With the exception of failover, this guide is applicable to 2.4.6 as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: