Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Unity 4.0

I have Unity 4.0(3)install on a windows 2000 server on and will do a clean install to change domain to domain.local. I ordered the upgrade from Unity 3.3 to Unity 4.0(3) did the upgrade about a year ago. Can i use this same media to do the clean install. Product# is UNITY40-SL32-VERUP.

Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 4.0

If you are doing a new install of the english version, you can download the install CDs from CCO. The only caveat is that you would need a license file for that new sever or else you can install a demo license.

Cisco Unity 4.1 CD Images

Cisco Unity 4.1 Service Pack CD Images

Cisco Unity 4.0 Software

Cisco Unity 4.0 CD Images

Community Member

Thanks hinho for the fast response.

If i understood you correctly the version upgrade cd's will not do a new install.

I have the license for the 4.0(3) upgrade on a diskette but i suppose it is no good either.

Community Member

What i had failed to clarify on my first posting was that i will blast my old unity server and do a clean install on that same server.

Cisco Employee

Your original license file will work with all unity 4.x versions for that same server. I am pretty sure that the upgrade set of disks will be fine for unity install - I posted the link for the other unity versions to give you an option of installing the newer versions of unity.

Just make sure you do not change your NIC card. the license file is linked the MAC address of that server.

good luck! the cds are all on the website. Even if you have Exhange 2000 and SQL, you can still install those yourself with the MS CDs. It will work.

Community Member

Does all this mean that the only way to change the domain of a stand alone PDC unity is to blow it away and start fresh?

What about the subscriber and Call Handlers? Once you have the new box is there a way to re-importy them?

sorry for the MS naivete

CreatePlease to create content