Helpful
Replies

UNITY 4.02 - After the upgrade from 2.4.6 - Licence arent UM

5mgagnon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi !

I have a little question here,

We upgrade a 2.4.6.135 UM to 4.0.2 UM...after the import I quick look at the licensing. This show : VM user only, at 0 usage of the UM subscriber licence ?

The systeme is look to work perfectly, without anyway problems ...

Is this normal ?

Martin

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure I understand your description - when you look at the license information (either from the License Info Viewer in Tools Depot or from the Licensing page in the SA) what exactly does it say for all the values there?

Hi Jeff,

In Start Menu | Program | Unity | Licensing

or

C:\CommServer\Utilities\Licensing\UnityLicensing.msc

Under the :

Subscriber Mailbox Feature .. we got : 300 Users, 210 Used

Under the :

Maximum Unified Messaging Subscriber .. we got : 300 Users, 0 Used

Since, the server is UM, with a Exchange 5.5 off-box .. I was looking to understand how, UNITY is able to "know" when a UM license is used ? Did it detect when a VMO is installed ?

So, when, the UM License are use ? ....

Thanks

Martin

ah... I gotcha. You'll never see an UM "used" there - it's a goofy user interface issue. What that means is you have 300 users of which 300 are licensed to be UM. Currently if you have UM ALL your users will be UM enabled since they don't allow mixing UM and VM seats on the same Unity server.

so if you have UM on your box it'll always show that all your UM users are available - it's the users count that dictates how many mailboxes can be on the server.

I beleive they've changed this in 4.0(2) (or will in 4.0(3)) to show a "-" instead of "0" there to indicate the count is not something that will move to help avoid confusion there. I'm not sure that'll work, but hey...

Thanks Jeff,

This was confusing ..

About that .. They put "-" instead of "0" in the licensing.msc for UM Subscriber count, for used languages count, for used port counts .. ect...

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: