cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Unity 4.02 and Exchange 5.5

Hi,

we have installed Unity 4.0(2) at a branch office of one customer and encountered problems.

The customer has three NT4.0 Domains with bidirectional trusts and two Exchange 5.5 sites.

The installation at the first EX 5.5 site ( Unity 4.0(1))works fine but not at the branch office.

Configuration : 1 CallManager 3.3 Cluster and two Unity Servers ( one for each EX 5.5 site )

Connecting to the Unity via Phone works but unity says that the mailserver is not available.

I am able to import/create new subscribers so that unity has access on the message store.

Any ideas ?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 4.02 and Exchange 5.5

Being able to create and import subscribers does not imply proper access to the mailstore at all - it means we're able to talk to the _directory_ just fine - those are two completely seperate items. This is why the permissions wizard grants rights seperately for the directory facing account and the message facing account.

There's likely some errors in the application event log when you start up Unity and/or when you attempt to log in to check messages. That will get us a little more to go on here at least...

Community Member

Hi,

thanks for your quick response.I`ll be at the customers site tommorow morning.

Furthermore i will check if any error is logged the moment i try to connect to the messagestore.

Best Regards.

Community Member

Hi,

i fixed the problem.First of all i ran the syscheck utility , but all the tests were successfull.

I compared the accounts with that the services log on when they start on both unity servers.

Service AvCsMgr ran as localsystem on one server and so i changed it to the serviceaccount with the approriate password.

After restarting the Unityservices the problem didn`t appear anymore.

Thanks anyway

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content