cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.03 Codec Guidence

wrkemmer
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if someone could give me some guidence as to how I should set up Unity codecs. Here's the situation. I have a CCM 3.33 + Unity 4.03 setup with one central site and several branch sites. All branches are connected to the central site via T1, and Callmanager and Unity reside at the Central site. To several of the branch sites we will need to run g729 codec, and I've created appropriate regions and locations within Callmanager. My question is what do I need to do within Unity? I have already rerun the CUICA to install the g729 prompts, but I don't know where to go next. Will Unity transcode between the codecs for the branch sites? The docs mention setting the format for recording and prompts, but I don't know if I want to use 729 for all of the recordings and prompts just to satisfy a few sites. Some guidence for how to set this up would be appreciated.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, Unity will transcode from 711 to 729 and vice versa as necessary - you can get more details on the codec stuff in the codecs white paper here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_white_paper09186a00800875b7.shtml

Thanks for the response Jeff. One more quick question. We have decided to stick with g711 for now. However, a few days ago I went through setup again and picked g729 as the prompt set. Now I have both the 711 and 729 prompts loaded, but the codec checker shows the prompts as g729. Is there a way to easily tell Unity to use the g711 prompts, or do I need to go through setup again and choose g711 this time?

Thanks for all your help.

You'll need to run through the setup and choose 711.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: