Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 4.03 Language Problems

Problem 1.

During the installation process, we installed two languages, CHT and ENU. But in the selection language dialog, we made only GUI for CHT, others were keep in ENU interface.

But as we call voice mail DN, it greets us in CHT, but in some process, it uses ENU. Every page in SA Web are tried and any field relate to language are changed. CHT greeting still over there, even restart Unity server.

What more should I do to have a Unity with only ONE language announcements and greetings at one time?

Problem 2.

As the OS platform builed, we install CHT character sets to make sure the display of our native language.

But it seems not work on SA Web.

SA Web view CHT characters as "?".

The influence is, every Exchange user has its display name with both CHT and ENU character, for example "¤ý Wang". Every time we polled a new Exchange user to become a Unity subscriber, or to modify a existing subscriber, Unity writes back to AD, that makes the infected user's Display Name column abnormal, for instance, from "¤ý Wang" to "? Wang", and we have to change it back in AD.

Is there any solution to correct the problem?

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 4.03 Language Problems

For the TUI language stuff you'll have to be more specific about "some process" that plays ENU - please tell us what, excactly, you're hearing in the conversation. It could well be you're hearing ENU _greetings_ as opposed to prompts. The prompt languages will change on the fly as you navigate the conversation but greetings remain static based on the default language (usually ENU) that was installed - the expectation is that customers record their own greetings for handlers and subscribers and such. If you get more detailed about what you're hearing and where in the conversation we may be able to help more.

The CHT language display showing "?" means the language code page is not loaded in the OS - we don't support mixed language installs primarily for this reason - Windows doesn't allow flipping back and forth between the "romance languages" code pages and the multiple byte character set languages (i.e. CHT, JPN, etc...) on the fly. I see the same thing on my test system when I ask it to display Japanese strings on my English Windows install - I have to go over to my Japanese OS installation and load the SA pages there to see them correctly - this is not a Unity or SA issue, this is an OS issue with the character set pages.

In Problem 2:

Do you mean I could avoid the problem by accessing SA pages from a totally CHT OS? If that's the case, I tried, but not worked. All CHT characters displayed as "?"s. If you mean another way not my understanding, may I have more detail information to over this issue?

Thank you!

Cisco Employee

Well, it seems not actually what I am suffered. It's more similar to a two-byte character sets problem but not a AD replication issue.

Cisco Employee

The default greetings and voice names for Unity's default database (Opening Greeting, Operator call handler, Interview call handler, All Subscribers, System Event Messages, & Unaddressed Messages distribution lists) are determined by the language in which you chose to view the Unity installation in, not by the default GUI or TUI language chosen.

Views
Helpful
Replies