cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2(1) Forwarding a saved voicemail to another subscriber issue

5twehr
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a new installation of Unity 4.2(1) The front desk is receiving voicemails and they want to forward them to another subscriber using the extension and not lastname/firstname. They listen to the message, press 5, ##, put in the extension and then Unity tells them the private list is empty. It works on my Unity 4.04 system but not theirs. I don't want it to search each individual private list but the same global list as the directory handler.

Any ideas? Voicemail Only.

Thanks,

Tim Wehr

Semaphore Corp

3 Replies 3

5twehr
Level 1
Level 1

I've TACd it as well. I'm told the forwarding a message to an extension is not supposed to work. It's supposed to go to a Private List. Strange it works on my system. Doesn't make sense to me?

Tim

Hi -

Try this on your 4.2 system, instead of entering ##, enter 00 (zero zero). That works on my system and switches from spell by name to extension. I just tested and the ## does not work on my system's Directory Handler either, while the 00 works just fine.

Ginger

Thanks for the reply Ginger,

The 00 doesn't work. I can get to where it asks to send via extension using the ##. However, when I enter an extension such as 32 I get this message.

"Sorry private list 32, empty list, contains no names, enter the extension followed by #."

For some reason they're searching on Private Lists instead of the directory of extensions?

Thanks,

Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: