cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2(1) Forwarding a saved voicemail to another subscriber issue

5twehr
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a new installation of Unity 4.2(1) The front desk is receiving voicemails and they want to forward them to another subscriber using the extension and not lastname/firstname. They listen to the message, press 5, ##, put in the extension and then Unity tells them the private list is empty. It works on my Unity 4.04 system but not theirs. I don't want it to search each individual private list but the same global list as the directory handler.

Any ideas? Voicemail Only.

Thanks,

Tim Wehr

Semaphore Corp

3 Replies 3

5twehr
Level 1
Level 1

I've TACd it as well. I'm told the forwarding a message to an extension is not supposed to work. It's supposed to go to a Private List. Strange it works on my system. Doesn't make sense to me?

Tim

Hi -

Try this on your 4.2 system, instead of entering ##, enter 00 (zero zero). That works on my system and switches from spell by name to extension. I just tested and the ## does not work on my system's Directory Handler either, while the 00 works just fine.

Ginger

Thanks for the reply Ginger,

The 00 doesn't work. I can get to where it asks to send via extension using the ##. However, when I enter an extension such as 32 I get this message.

"Sorry private list 32, empty list, contains no names, enter the extension followed by #."

For some reason they're searching on Private Lists instead of the directory of extensions?

Thanks,

Tim