Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 4 + Fax + Public Folders

So, i've watched the IP FAX WIZARD training video, and i get it. What i need now is the correct procedure for adding a mail-enabled public folder as a subscriber so i can direct faxes to these folders. There are 5 or 6 fax numbers with corresponding departments - each of these departments also has a public folders. They want departmental inbound faxes received by & stored in the public folders.

Can this be done? Will i have to set up standard users, and then forward mail to these users towards a public folder? Is there a better way?

Thanks

Matt

PS: jeff lindborg is my hero.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 4 + Fax + Public Folders

You'll have to select a subscriber to act as the recipient for inbound faxes and it then routes them to other subscriber's mailboxes based on the dialed number string in the subject - if no match is found then you can forward the fax to another subscriber or a distribution list.

You can configure public folders as recipients of public distribution lists - so you _Can_ have fax messages that are not for specific subscribers based on their DID forwarded direclty to a public folder - check out this long and tortured thread for some info on how that works:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.ee95ab4/3#selected_message

but you can't deliver directly to different distribution lists (public folders ultimately) based on DID info - it'll have to go to a subscriber and then bounce if over if that's what you're wanting to do.

thanks Jeff. I figured that, but needed official confirmation.

Will there ever be the ability to route faxes directly to a Distribution List? Something like this:

1. Create Public Distribution List in Unity and assign an extension to it.

2. Run the IP Fax Configuration Wizard and have it make a match using Extension ID.

3. New fax arrives with the extension of the Distribution LIst as the DNIS.

4. Unity delivers the message to the Distribution List (and therefore any of it's members including a potential Public Folder).

I was hoping this would work, but found that it does not. It sends the message to the Undeliverable Faxes destination instead.

Are there any plans to have this function available?

Cisco Employee

Not at the moment - we're currently working on getting outbound faxing working with some of the new IOS builds which is our priority for 4.0(4). I'll stick this on the queue to look at after the outbound stuff is handed off to QA...

Views
Helpful
Replies