cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UNITY 403 and codec

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

We installed unity403 with codec G711 in HQ.

I have remote and HQ two offices. Now we set up g729 across the WAN and G711 in each office. However I found even i don't have HW transcoder on GW, remote office user still can leave message to HQ user. My understanding is because unity403 in this case only support G711, when a call from G729, it should look for transoder, otherwise it won't leave message for caller. I know in Unity 3.xx, unity can receive G.729 calls also even when you have G.711 record and playback. But I only installed unity 403 with G711.

Anybody can answer me? Thanks

4 Replies 4

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

During installation the codec choice is used to determine the encoding of the prompt set, not the codec that Unity can use to communicate with other endpoints. Unity 4.0 cancommunicate with other endpoints using g.711 or g.729 just like the 3.1 code could.

Keith

But I try to fing the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\AvSkinny on the unity 4.03. I didn't find this entry.Does that mean it enables G.729 also? Do I have to manually add this registry and give the value G729 Enabled=dword:00000000 to disable G.729?

Yes you have to manually add it and set it to 0 if you don't want Unity to support g.729 calls.

Thanks. It works

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: