cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Admin Account

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I accidentally deleted the mailbox that contained the default admin (Exchange service account) for Unity as created in the original script, this subsequently removed it from Unity too. Unlike an earlier poster, I have another account setup with a default administrator COS but when I try to administer/add users to Unity with this account I get an error box saying 'There are no more voicemail user licenses available, No users can be added' Any ideas ?<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

First, I'm assuming you didn't actually delete the Exchange service account itself (i.e. the NT account for that guy)... you'd have lots of other problems external to Unity if you did that. So this account is still around (just not in Exchange) and is associated with all the AV services in the SCM?

The first thing to check is to make sure the class of service you're trying to create users in actually has licenses left... Is the error you're getting worded exactly as you stated?

Are you attempting to add users while logged into the Unity server itself? or are you doing this from a remote server on your network? It could be a registry rights issue noted out here on a couple of other threads... you can test this real quick by trying this on the local Unity server.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Thanks Jeff, I didn't actually delete the Exchange service account just the Mailbox that was associated with it, I have now solved this however by referring to an earlier post regarding changing Exchange service accounts, I added the NT account that I now want to administer Unity with (ie with the default admin COS) to all the relevant groups, gave it all the rights ie act as part of the OS etc and I can now add users and do not get this error, strange huh ?

Not applicable

Actually, that makes perfect sense. Unity gets all it's rights to access Exchange and NT from the account associated with our services. When you access the SA, add/delete/modify users etc... we do it with the credentials supplied from this guy. If it didn't have all the rights we needed, the subscriber add could fail at any point along the way (i.e. not having rights to access the registry would cause us to not be able to read the security key which would cause the error you saw). Even if it got past that, the Exchange/NT account creation would fail and you would have gotten a fabulous "an unknown error has occured" dialog we love so much.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)