cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Admin / Installer Account Password Compromised

jrezab
Level 1
Level 1

A client of mine had their Unity Installer account and Unity Admin account passwords compromised. I could not locate a TAC note on how to reset / change these account passwords without re-installing. This is an Unity 4.x installation, voice mail only not unified messaging.

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The installer account isn't anything you need to worry about - there are two accounts associated with the Unity services - a directory facing account (associated with AvDSAD and AvDSGlobalCatalog assuming you're running Ex2K here) and a messaging facing account (associated with AvCsGateway, AvCsMgr, AvGaenSvr, AvMsgStoreMonitorSvr, AvNoitierMgr) - these two accounts.

the easiest way to do this in 4.0(x) is to change the password on the accounts in AD and then run the Service Configuration Wizard (in Tools Depot administration section) and provide the updated passwords - it'll change the account stuff in the SCM for you and you're good to go.

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Are you talking about the Active Directory accounts? What you need to do is reset the password to something complex in AD Users and Computers and then update the password used for each account within each Unity service. Right click My Computer and choose Manage, Services. After a reboot the services will login with the new password.

Hope that is what you were looking for...

Keith

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: