Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Unity administrator authentication and OWA

I have a question for configuring unity administraotr authentication. Then problem is:

Apparently Unity default administrator authentication method is "Integrated Windows authentication". If I change it to "Anonymous", I have to uncheck the "Integrated Windows authentication" under "Directory Security" configuration in IIS 5.0, right? But at this moment, OWA can not use Integrated Windows authentication. So I decide to change the Unity authentication method back, to do this, the "Anonymous access" under "Directory Security"should be unchecked as Cisco Procedure, but if do so, how can I keep the "Integrated Windows authentication" for OWA, because both "Anonymous access" and "Integrated Windows authentication" should be selected for "Integrated Windows authentication"as Microsoft procedure.

I am lost, but hope you understand what I am saying. Have you ever met or thought about this problem?

Cisco Employee

Re: Unity administrator authentication and OWA

You can't do both anonymous and integrated authentication at the same time - you have to do one or the other. If you want to use OWA like that you'll have to use the Unity authentication (i.e. switch to Anonymous) which will require folks hitting the SA/AA pages to log in every time.

CreatePlease to create content