Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity and Call Manager

I have CiscoManager 3.0.3b. I have several questions:<br><br>1. When I integrate Unity 2.4 with my Call Manager 3.0.3b, should I choose "CallManager 3.01x or higher" and license type TAPI? Or should I choose "CallManager 2.4" so the integration type in license shows "none"?<br><br>2. Does Unity talk with CallManager by using TAPI or Skinny?<br><br>Thanks.<br><br>

5 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Unity and Call Manager

For Unity 2.4.0 you’ll want to choose “CallManager 2.4” with the integration type showing none. If you do a key dump the integration type on the key should also be “none”.

For Unity 2.4.5 and later, you’ll have to get “TAPI” on your security key and you’ll need to choose the “CallManager 3.01x or higher” with the license type of TAPI.

This is strictly a licensing issue, not a change in the integration mechanism (i.e. we can now charge for the integration explicitly like we do for other digital or serial integrations).

The AvCiscoTSP that comes on the CD with 2.4.5 does use the “skinny” protocol to talk to the Call Manager still.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Anonymous
N/A

Thanks for your reply. Two more questions:

1. I am using the newer AvCiscoTSP in Unity 2.4.5 with Unity 2.4. The server is up and running OK. But in my license key I still see integration type as "none". Is this the way it should be?

2. How can I be sure that my license key is fine for Unity 2.4.5 (integration type "TAPI" and CallManager "3.01X or higher) which I will upgrade later?

Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous
N/A

Yes, Unity 2.4.0 will want to see "none" in the integration type on the key for the integration with CM to work properly.

When you upgrade to Unity 2.4.5 you will need to update the key to be "TAPI". Our sales support folks will send you an in-field update code which should upgrade your key to say "TAPI" for the integration type.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice

Anonymous
N/A

Jeff,
Please help me with this Key thing. I have call AV, I have called Cisco, I have called our AV reseller, and no one knows anything about a KEY upgrade. We currently have a serial intergration and need to add TAPI for a dual Int.
Can you give me a part number, persons name, anything ?????

Thanks,
Mike

Anonymous
N/A

eh? Who did you talk to here at AV? In field key upgrades are a pretty standard thing around here... production kicks them out every day. If a site wants to add more seats to a license or up the number of ports, change their integration etc... they need to upgrade their key. We don't mail out keys unless we have to, so we send out character strings of update codes fairly regularly.

Perhaps they were confused as to what you wanted?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content