Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity and DID

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

I have a situation as this:

I have a customer who doesn't have any DID assigned from carrrier. Caller call a normal number and hit the PBX. We are going to use Cisco router/CCM/Unity to replace PBX. My question is: What's the solution here if no DID for Unity?

3 Replies 3

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

How does the customer do it today?

The customer will need to have something to answer the incoming calls. This can either be a live attendant, an auto-attend such as Unity or a combination of the two.

Within Unity callers will lookup subscribers in a directory handler and either transfer to them or get sent to their mailbox. In this situation, public DIDs are not required.

Thanks,

Keith

But question is router even doesn't know how to route the call if there is no DID come into router before the call can reach the Unity, as we know at least there must be a destination pattern number configured on the dialpeer on the GW so that router can forward to CCM.

I still don't think you've provided enough information here.

"Caller call a normal number and hit the PBX"

OK, but what does the PBX do with the call? Are the incoming PSTN trunks to the PBX set to ring down to the PBX operator or what? Where do those calls go, and how are they handled.