Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity and Ex55/NT

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

We had a problem when we do the following test:

Scenario: Existing NT4.0 server with Ex55, domain name A, this is user log on damain.

Existing Win2k DC, domain name B.com. Trust relationship are fully established between two domains.

Costomer Requirement: Join the Unity into WIN2k domain B but with ex55 administraor software only.

Error Symptom: No exchange server can be located after install ex55 administrator software in unity and try to connect to ex55 server.

Question: How can we solve this problem if customer need the above solution?Thanks

4 Replies 4

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

What this error during Configuration Setup? Can you ping back and forth between Unity and Exchange by host name? What was the exact error message?

Keith

The error happened when I tried to connect exchange before installing unity server. Now I solved the problem which was caused by SP4, I forgot to apply it after reinstalled ex55.

But I had a new problem now, during the configuration setup, when I enter the server name, it pops up an error message: The following problem was found while verifying that the system meets the installation requirement:

Access to the exchange site group and configuration group is denied.

Check your permission at the Site and Configuration level in Exchange. Make sure the account you are installing with has service account admin privileges.

Keith

We are having a similar problem, with the following message:

The following problem was found while verifying that the system meets the

installation requirements: Unable to connect to Exchange Server'

The TAC has checked our privileges, we've run the ldp.exe to insure that the server was talking to the Exchange server, we've rebuilt the Unity server several times, at the TAC's request and we still get stuck at the config level of the install. Have you made any progress?

...Jackie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: