Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity and Microsoft

lonenomad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi comrades:

I would like to ask you (oh wise ones)a question with regard to the above.

I have worked as a SQL Dba and then worked as an Exchange Admin. Currently I am working with Active Directory and have also completed my CCNP. I will doing my CCIE (R&S) soon. Will it be a good option for me to take up Unity? How big a part does Exchange/SQL play in Unity?

Any suggestion or advise will be appreciated.

Thank you

Lonenomad

1 Reply 1

Lonenomad,

I work as a Tier 2 engineer supporting Unity and other IPT applications and I would have to say that almost 70% of my cases involving Unity are related to AD/SQL/EXCHANGE. The Unity Web interface is pretty simple to traverse and the scenarios for complex call handling are few and far between in most IPT rollouts. The maintenance of the underlying layered products seems to daunt most people and they ignore it, thus cases that I have to work on to resolve issues related to the middleware. So if you have good WinTel experience then learning Unity will only require the Web portion of the app.

Thanks

Fred

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: