Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity and PSTN call forwarding

f-vanryckeghem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have done an integration of Unity with the call manager 3.1.3a. When I arrive on the opening greeting, is it possible to configure one of the keys to forward the call to the PSTN ?.

For example, Press 1 for more infos ... and the key 1 correspond to the dialing of an external number.

Thanks

Frederic

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes... you'll have to setup a call handler to do the transfer to the external number you want. Just setup it's alternate transfer rule to be active (which means it'll always be active regardless of the time of day) and for the transfer number use something like "9,12345" or whatever.

For the one key rule, be sure to select to go to that call handler using the 'attempt transfer' rule instead of the default 'send to greeting for' rule.

That's what I try to do but the problem is that the Call Handler is owned by a subsciber and I am always routed to the subsciber mailbox.

In which field do you put the external number ?

Thanks

Frederic

you need to activate the alternate transfer rule... on the call handler go to the "call transfer" page, select "alternate" in the drop down list, make sure it's marked "enabled" and then select "yes, ring a subscriber at this extension" and enter the number you want to dial (it can be any dial string, it doesn't have to be a subscriber).

You might want to check out the training videos on AnswerMonkey for the Audio Text Manager which talks a bit about how call handlers are strung together and the like:

http://www.answermonkey.net/APP_AudioTextManager.htm