cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UNITY and SMS

pcarter
Level 4
Level 4

When will Unity support forwarding messages via the SMS capabilities of mobile phones. Very important feature for the Asia Pacific region.<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Native SMS functionality is not currently on deck for Unity that I know of (it's not on the 3.2 development list). I know a couple sites in Eurpoe have used email notification to an SMS redirector service.

We did start to look into adding an SMS delivery device that worked with a special modem hooked to the server (basically a mobile phone with SMS capabilities that plugged onto the back) but the company we were working with that made the driver to communicate with the modem device went belly up. The project got scrapped... that was a while back.

As with all such feature requests, you'll want to hit your account team with it and/or enter it in GiPPERs so the product folks know it's important to you. I know they look at those entries since they come up to my office and ask me about them often! This is the best way to get their attention and get it on the roadmap.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

SMS has been investigated but is not planned as far as I know. You should work with your account team if you have a significant opportunity or require a product feature. Customers drive features at Cisco but through Account Teams rather than forums.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: