Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blue

Unity as a Fax Server?

What is the drawback of just using Unity as your fax server as opposed to going with a RightFax solution or a similar product? Using the IP Configuration wizard and configuring the router for T37 support seems viable to me. Am I missing something?

2 REPLIES

Re: Unity as a Fax Server?

I am using Unity for inbound faxes and it works great. I am using a router as an on-ramp gateway for fax. The last I heard from the Unity team was that outbound faxing was stil problematic and would require some revisions. I am not sure if those fixes have taken place or not yet but when they do Unity will be a pretty good fax solution on it's own

Cisco Employee

Re: Unity as a Fax Server?

Still waiting for some changes in IOS land to make the outbound stuff viable. Even when we get those this will be a very simple outbound fax mechanism (i.e. no fancy clients, no custom cover pages etc...). Certainly not something to compete with most commercially available fax servers on features but for small end solutions that want a free add on for basic fax, it'll be cool.

I have no time frame for when the needed changes will be there for the gateways however...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content