cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity as a Voice Mail

cyber_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

I want to use unity as simple voice mail. I have Callmanager 3.1(2c), Unity(2.4.6.135) installed on windows 2000 standard editon(SP2) and Exchange 5.5(SP4), TSP 3.03.I tested the TSP and is communicating with Callmanager. Seetings are done according to http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/unity_bravo.shtml.

But still I am not able to use it as voice mail means when 123 calls 234 after few rings it doesn't go to voice mail. I am not using any gateways.

Can someone suggest me that what other settings I have to do.

2 Replies 2

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

Can you dial the voice mail directly, i.e. dial the voice mail pilot number. Are your voice mail directory numbers in partitions? If they are in a partition can the phone call that partition and does the CFNA has a CSS to call that also? Did you conifure the forward no answer on the line so it would forward to unity if no one answered? When you go to device -> cisco voice mail port and click on a port do the ports show registered?

Thank you,

kingmi1
Level 1
Level 1

I have implemented Unity several times and have had no problems. However, CallManager and Unity have always been on seperate boxes. I was told during a CallManager class that you can not run CallManager and Unity on the same box. They may be the problem.

Mike King

CCIE #7171