Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity as Server on a Pre-existing Domain

I'm trying to install Unity over a pre-existing domain without an Exchange Server. I have installed my Exchange Server logged with my Pre-existing Domain's Administrator Account and changed Permissions of Exchange, setting all to my Domain's Administrator Account; also the LDAP protocol port is set up to 2015. But, When I'm installing Unity, I receive a message telling that the logged acount does not have permissions to create new subscribers and if I want to create new subscribers, I have to log with a Domain Admins user. Ok.... But, I'm logging as Domain Administrator. Do have any idea????<br><br>

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Unity as Server on a Pre-existing Domain

What version of Unity are you on? The error message may be bogus, but regardless it should let you press ahead with the installation, right?

You can run the SysCheckPreinstall application which might give you a more explicit message about the test it's failing on... you'll find it on CD #1 (it's moved in different versions, search for it and you'll find it). No setup is required, just run the preinstall version (be careful, there are two... the preinstall version is the one you want).

it'll show a dialog with a list box of all the tests being done and the results. It might clue you in on what you're missing on that account.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Mr. Lindborg,

Thanks for your tip. I run the SysCheckPreinstall and two items have failed: under Verifying user rights, the item "IsAccountLocked" Failed. Also, under "Verify NT and rights are sufficient", the item "IsDomainAdmin" Failed. All other items passed on test.

Rafael Prado Soares

Anonymous
N/A

Talking with the engineer that wrote the SysCheck, she suggests this may be related to a known bug on Win2K systems where we're installed as a member server.

If that sounds like your system, the work around is to grant the user rights on the parent domain. (which is apparently where syscheck is checking against)...

she's not sure what the account lockout message is about but it may be related. Can you give that a try?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Thanks Very Much for your help. SysCheckPreInstall tool helped too much, because there I detected that a network drive mapped with Admin user in another Win2k Sub-domain was causing troubles. After copy Unity install and disconnect network driver, there was not anymore conflicts and I got to install Unity as a Domain Server. It's a very good way to Install Unity.

Views
Helpful
Replies