cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity- Auto Attendent

mymite060708
Level 1
Level 1

how do I set up this feature in unity so that when some calls my phone it immediately goes to unity (greeting) rather than ring my phone first, do I need to have my phone set as cFwdALL to VM first?

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can do that, or depending on exactly what you want to do you can assign a parition to the line that is only rechable from VM ports, and have either translation pattern that points to unity or a cti route point. For example assume your extensions are 2XXX, and you want to send each call to Unity main greeting (not sure if that's what you want to send it to subscriber greeting), you would have a translation pattern of 2XXX that translates to voicemial pilot point and which is assigned in partition xlate-pt for example. Now every phone, and gw calling search space would include this xlate-pt, but not the partition of the phone line.

Chris

thanks for that,

to clarify , what I want is when people call the main number say 500 - the caller is sent through to unity and it offers things like,

"Welcome to Company X.com "

press 1 for sales (ring DN 501)

Press 2 for support (ring 502) etc

or Press 0 for an operator

I understand these are done through call handlers, but what other config do I need to do to set this?

Thanks

You need a CTI Route Point on CCM, that has callForwardAll set to VM. The DN of this CTI RP needs to be the same as the Unity Call Handler, and the voicemail profile applied to this RP needs to mask the entire DN. For example for the DN 500, you would have a voicemail profile with a mask of XXX, the Unity call handler would have a DN of 500 as well. Make sure that the paritions and calling search spaces are assigned correctly as well.

On in the call handler it is really easy to create the AA. On the Call Handler page, under caller input, select appropriate keypad and select subscriber (501, 502, etc), make sure that the subscriber is set to ring extension instead of sending directly to subscriber's greeting (subscriber call transfer setting).

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: