Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Backup

what is the right way of doing the backup for unity 2.4.6...i already have arcserve backing up the servers in my org (they include exchange 5.5 servers)...can i use the same to backup unity......this brings me to the question what all is to be backed up in unity...

thanks

sid

5 REPLIES

Re: Unity Backup

Sid,

We are also running Unity 2.4.6 on Exchange 5.5. We have asked the same question to TAC and active voice. They told us to use what we currently are using to backup our exchange servers. Including with the priv. and pub. storage, we backup the full server weekly. You might find this site interesting if you don't already know about it: http://www.answermonkey.net/

Lee

thanks guys

sid

Cisco Employee

I believe all the information is stored in Exchange. So as long as you backup the exchange information properly you will be okay with that.

Thank you,

-Mckee

guys....another thought

will just backing up the exchange part help me in restoring the whole of the unity system...i need some kind of disaster recovery.

also what about backing up and restoring the individual mailboxes/VMs....how can that be achieved???

Cisco Employee

From what I understand with Unity 2.4(x) all you need to do is backup the exchange information. If you are using Unity 3.0(x) or 3.1(x) then you will need to backup the exchange and the SQL information.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content