cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Book?

jhatfield
Level 1
Level 1

When can we expect to see a Cisco Press book on Unity? Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

The last I heard a few months ago the finishing touches were going on it but then once the publisher gets it there is a 5 to 6 month period before it hits the shelves. The Unity team should be responding shortly to give us all a more informed update.

There's several of us contributing this this book (there are actually a couple books being worked on that I know of... I can't speak to anything other than the one we're working on). I'm actually working on the programatic administration chapter at home this week. There's been lots going on for the 5 authors involved here and not everyone has turned in their material yet - you can check out a few of the chapters I've turned in out on the Documents page of CiscoUnityTools.com - I'll be posting the programatic API chapter and putting up a source code sample page here in the next month or so.

I can't say when the other material will be turned into CiscoPress to start the review process at this point - it's all due by Feb., but I kind of doubt that date will be met by everyone. Since they can't work on it during business hours it's a little hard to twist folks' arms to put in lots of late nights for the whopping $1.10 per book they'll get ;->

We'll let you know how things progress.

What about a Unity pocket card for users? Most voicemail systems have a little pocket reference card to give a user and I have not been able to track anything down.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: