cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Bridge Reports error

adam.farrell
Level 1
Level 1

I am running the Unity Bridge reporting tool. When I load the data for a specific day and then run a report on it I recieve the following errors.

Error in mnuZoom Function: Invalid property value

or

Couldn't find installable ISAM

Does anybody know what this means.

Adam

9 Replies 9

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which version of the BTA is this (check the about box)?

Can you run the Port Usage Analyzer (get the latest version from www.CiscoUnityTools.com - aka AnswerMonkey.net)? If you can run the PUA on there but not the BTA then I think I know what the problem might be and I can run it down.

If they both don't run, make sure you have MDAC 2.6 or later installed on that box.

The version of the BTA that I am using is 1.0 Build 8

I am only recieving the error messages on Port Availability and Message Queue. Message Latency and Node Message Traffic seems to work fine. I will check the MDAC version now and let you know.

OK, I think that tells me what I need to know... I got another report of something similiar where it runs fine on one box but not another - Some DLL missing out of the install package somewhere that I'll have to run down. I'll look into this later today.

I've repacked a setup with all the file dependencies in it on the Bridge Report page on AnswerMonkey here:

http://www.answermonkey.net/App_BridgeReports.htm

I didn't roll the the version of the app itself, just redid the dependencies. A few of the OCXs and DLLs were updated but I'm just not sure if that's the source of the problem you're experiencing or not. If you can download this version and install it and see if you have the same problem I'd appreciate it. I can't repro it here (of course... it always works that way) and I'm just guessing as to which file it's barking about. If the big setup works I can stare at the delta of the file list and see if anything jumps out at me.

Thanks.. I am downloading the new install now. I should be able to get it up and running in about an hour. I will let you know how it goes.

Jeff,

I downloaded the new install off the answermonkey website and ran the install. It told me that it need to update the install program and required a reboot. I have rebooted and and rerun the install several times and I still get the same message. Any ideas

probably a bug in the visual studio deployment libraries - I'll hunt around. Do you recall which file, exactly it said it was replacing?

Also, ping me directly at lindborg@cisco.com. I'll send you a setup to try but I've installed this same version on several boxes around here without a problem so I'm going to need to know more about the box you're trying to install on.

For the kids following along at home...

This was related to the fact that two of the 4 reports used the fabulous "data control" object built into VB for binding the graph control to the table of data behind the scenes. The data control, however, has lots and lots of fun deployment dependency problems as I've found out along the way - slogging through dozens of KB articles and newsgroup posts I finally threw the towel in and yanked it out. I now manually populate the data for all 4 graphs in the background instead of binding to the data control - you take a performance hit here, of course, but on the up side it should run on any box.

This is the same thing I did (for the same reasons) with the Port Usage Analyzer tool a while back but I didn't want to do it here because the amounts of data points on the bridge reports can be somewhat larger. Such is life. I'm in the hunt for a more robust graphing tool that can bind to ADO recordsets at run time instead of having to do all the associations at design time (geek speak for I don't want to use the goofy data control because it stinks).

I've posted version 1.0.11 of the Bridge Traffic Analyzer tool today that has these changes in it. You can get it here:

http://www.answermonkey.net/App_BridgeReports.htm

Hopefully that'll close this one out...