cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Call Handler Garbled

rlutzko
Level 1
Level 1

When dialing in from pstn into Unity select a prompt (caller input) from opening greeting the caller input selection greeting is garbled towards the end of the message. We are currently running Unity ver 3.1(5) CM 3.2(2) C

3 Replies 3

JeffG1
Level 3
Level 3

Join in the club. I believe several of us are experiencing this issue. For my site I see this only with the unity prompts. And we do not see it happen not all the time. In the Lab I have install unity on a very slow machine and I noticed the issue is happening all the time. This makes me wonder if its not associated with the speed of the machine. I’m running 3.15 Unity on a Dell 1400sc. In the next few months I will be deploying a Unity 4.0 server on a much faster dual processor server. I will let every one know if the issue goes away…

steven.brummer
Level 1
Level 1

Did you possibly run the SetVolume utility to level out recording levels or to change some of the cut-outs? I had that exact problem when we ran setvolume to correct some issues we had with recordings fluctuating in volume during playback.

Our solution ended up being to re-record the broken recordings. Restoring the original from backup wasn't an option because they had fluctuating volume (catch 22). I seemed to notice that the recordings that we messed up were the G729 codec recordings. The G711 recordings were not affected.

Hope this helps,

Steven Brummer

Client/Server Design Engineer

Children's Healthcare of Atlanta

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Start here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_troubleshooting_guide_chapter09186a0080087146.html

make sure the AGC settings are correct since there was a problem with that on upgrades.

There was also a gateway (6608/6624) issue that had those symptoms. See CSCdx36894 which was fixed in load files D004030145S1 (6608) and

A002030139S1 (6624). This got integrated into CM 3.2(2c)SpD.

If it's a VG200 gateway running MGCP, you may want to try the "mgcp playout fixed 50" command (50 is just a guess, but should be fine as long as there isn't much jitter on the network). http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fvvfax_r/vrf_g.htm#1363583

has more about that command.

Another thing to do is to check your NIC card for errors on the port, duplex mismatches (i.e. typically you'll want to hard-set it to 100 meg full-duplex). That can sometimes result in the strangest problems.

As always, check the applications event log for any errors during playback.

Hopefully this will help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: