Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Unity Call Handler Setting

Hello,

What is and How do I change the default length of time of a call handler greeting?

7 REPLIES

Re: Unity Call Handler Setting

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080150e2c.html

Normally, a Call Handler is recorded by an administrator or designated to an admin to take care. Such as:

"Thank you for calling Company xyz. Press 1 for customer service, press 2 for shipping or press 0 for the operator"

Of course, you need program your caller input for those selections.

Still confused? post again and I will try and help

Community Member

I want to know how long can be that recording you are talking about in minutes or seconds and how I make that time longer.

i dont think you can limit the length of the greeting, but you can limit the length of messege being left. I looked through a pile of documentation and cant find anything about the number seconds a greeting can be. Since a Greeting is considered information or instructions, i would think there would be no limit on it. But if the Call Handler were also taking messeges, then it would have a limit on how long someone could leave a messege in the Call Handler voicemail box.

I'm sure there could be a tweak somewhere that is not published. May want to open a TAC case on this.

Thanks

tc

Community Member

I don't recall there being a limit. Basically it's as long as your recording is. Subscriber greetings are limited by the COS, but not Call Handler greetings. Are you being limited when you try to record?

Community Member

I seem to be having this same issue then because I have some people in HR that say their call handler greeting time needs to be increased because the recordering length is not long enough and it cuts part of their greeting off.

Community Member

I wonder if while your users are recording the greeting if they are puasing or are too quiet. Unity may be cutting them off because it thinks they are done.

I think the HR people are confused between a Subscribers class of service, which limits their personal greeting recording time, and a Call Hander Opening Greeting which is typically a auto attendant and has no length limitation.

Maximum Length of Message that Subscribers Can Record in Seconds default is 300s, maximum is 20 minutes

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080449c55.html

Another thought is someone is using Subscriber mailboxes in place of a Opening Greeting Call Handler, if you have worked previously with Octel 250/350 it has different mailbox types and the Unity terminology can be confusing.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content