cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Call the phone

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,<br><br>Everytime I create a subscriber on the Unity, the Unity rings that extension automatically. The MWI seems not working too. <br><br>The versions are:<br>CM 3.1.(2C) <br>Unity: 2.4.6(135)<br>TSP: 3.0(3)<br><br>Any help?<br><br>Regards,<br><br>Wei<br><br>

9 Replies 9

Not applicable

Sounds like the incorrect switch file is loaded. Make sure that you are using the Call Manager switch file with the integration type of TAPI. Check the switch page and see what is there.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Hi Steve,

In the Unity->Switch->IP Switch setting, it is configured as:
Cisco Call Manager
TAPI integrate.

But I can't configure the MWI ON/OFF at that page.

I haven't set the Unity->Switch->Switch, Do I need to?

Regards,

Wei

Not applicable

MWI DNs are configured from the AvCiscoTSP entry in Windows Telephony(NT4) of Phone and Modems (W2K). TSP release notes and integration guides contain this information. They're on CCO.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

I have the same issue but with an extra problem; the port states are all in 'Software\Active\Voice\AvCsMgr\1.0\ComponentsToLoad' and calls can't be made to Unity.
The IP switch is CM 3.01 as it should be but the issue is still apparent

Not applicable

Sounds like CSCae06777.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

It is a new installation, CM 3.1(2), not dual switch, TSP 3.0(3) (have also reverted back to 3.0(2) with same result) and Unity 2.46 (135) with Australian language on NT4.
The ports register with CM and the test passes with no problems. Calls for the ports get a busy.

Edited by ceverett on 11/26/01 01:34 PM.

Not applicable

As far as the HTML status monitor showing incorrect information, that sounds like CSCae06777. If Unity is not answering properly, then there is a second issue.

So Unity calls the phones (when it's trying to do MWI), but calls into Unity go into dead air? Did calling into Unity ever work?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

I have found one configuration issue on the CM and calls can now be made to the Unity system. The only issue is the port state and I will apply the fix today.

Edited by ceverett on 11/26/01 02:38 PM.

Not applicable

Dear Mr Olivier.

I have the symptoms of the above problem, but cannot find a fix for it. Do you know where on CCO or wherever, I can find the fix???

Cheers,

Ian Pattison
Head of IT.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: