Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Call Transfer with announce from IPCC

I'm trying to setup a script in IPCC for Meetme users to call into, enter in a PIN number, and be sent to the correct Meetme conference. I've got all of that working just peachy. I was hoping to also be able to use Unity's call transfer with announce functionality using a call handler. Unfortunately through testing and also verified in documentation, the call transfer functionality is ignored for forwarded calls (calls not handled by the unity auto attendant or directory handler).

Can someone enlighten me on a workaround for this? Basically I want the caller to come into IPCC, enter their PIN, IPCC shoot the caller to a Unity call handler which prompts for the user's name, then Unity announce that person's name to the conference and then finalize the call transfer to the Meetme conference.

I've tried all sorts of combinations using CTI route points in call manager, modifying direct and forwarding route patterns in Unity etc. No dice so far to get the call announce working. Many thanks in advance!

--Jason

10 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Unity Call Transfer with announce from IPCC

Did you try this.

1.Create a new Routing rule in Unity for Forwarded calls.

2. Set it to match the forwarded number of the CTI route point or CTI port that is forwarding the call to Unity from IPCC after the users enter the PIN

3. Choose the call handler and Set it to "Attempt Transfer to Callhandler"

4. Make sure you push this rule to the top, because unity looks at the rules top down and as soon as it matches a rule will follow the action specified in that rule and does not look at any other rules.

Regards,

Anup

Yes, I've tried this exact approach and what happens is the greeting for the Call Handler gets played and the transfer never happens. I know my routing rule in unity is correct, because I do get the greeting for the correct handler.

According to the documentation for the Call Handler transfer:

Call transfer settings specify how Cisco Unity transfers calls from the automated attendant or a directory handler to subscriber phones. (Note that transfer options do not apply when an outside caller or another subscriber dials a subscriber extension directly.)

This would suggest that what I'm trying to do just will not work since it says plain as day that transfer options are ignored for outside caller/another subscriber dialing, which is how the CTI route point forwarding would be categorized I would think. Indeed, if I dial our voicemail directly and then # out and dial straight to the call handler extension, it works like a charm.

What stumps me is that so many other people have suggested that this works just fine and is very easy to setup.

I've seen this work using a Supervised Transfer from Unity, actually the call is placed into unity and instead of a pin number the the supervised transfer is used. This give these meeting owner full control over the conference. Most people I've come across love the knowledge of knowing who's coming and going. I guess the pin works the same way, but I'm not to good with IPCC so I opted the Unity route...

Silver

Also check in the Callhandler Call Transfer settings for Alternate to make sure that is not sending calls to the Greeting.

Regards,

Anup

Jason, can you please send me the script you have to forward calls into a meet-me conference?

Thanks!

Jason,

In the CallRedirect step in your IPCC script, are you reseting the original called number or preserving it ? If yes did you match up this number with the number you have setup in the call routing rule in Unity?

Jason,

Tested this in lab, and every thing seems to work as expected.

a. 1900 is my meetme conference number

b. 1901 is my routepoint to forward calls to Unity. This is the number to which IPCC will redirect callers.

c. 1902 is my routepoint that sends calls to IPCC. This is the number that callers should dial to reach the meetme bridge.

Caller calls routepoint 1902. IPCC plays a prompt that says "Enter your meeting ID followed by #". If the caller enters meeting ID as 12345, I transfer the call using Call Redirect step to 1901. If the caller enters a different meeting ID than 12345, IPCC plays a message "Invalid meeting number" and exits out of the script. The Call redirect step had its setting "Reset to Destination" checked.

1901 is a routepoint setup in Callmanager to forward all calls to Voicemail. In Unity, I setup a call routing rule (Forwarding rule), with Forwarding station set to 1901. The rule attempts a transfer to Callhandler named Meetme.

Callhandler Meetme tries to ring subscriber at Extension 1900 under Transfer settings. Transfer setting Supervised transfer with Ask caller name checked.

Attached are screenshots of Unity settings, IPCC script, Callmanager route points etc.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

I appreciate all the responses. I was able to get this to work, my dunce hat was on and my Unity forwarding rule was sending to the greeting of the Call Handler rather than the Attempt Transfer.

The powers that be at my company wanted to assign a different MeetMe number to each department in order to reduce the risk of multiple people trying to use the same conference line at the same time. I did not like the fact of having to setup 20 cti route points in CallManager, and then 20 call forwarders inside of Unity that then sent to 20 separate call handlers. I found a way to bypass the cti route points and call forwarders by having IPCC send the call directly to Unity.

The trick to bypassing CallManager CTI route points that simply forward to Unity, and setting up call forwarders in Unity is this:

1) In IPCC, use a consultive transfer instead of a call redirect. This allows you to first dial the main voicemail number and then dial the specific voicemail box once you are in Unity.

2) On your call handler in Unity, simply specify the extension number of the call handler (I used the same number as the MeetMe line), and also set the forwarding number.

So I've been able to change the process from Caller->IPCC Script->Callmanager CTI RP->Unity forwarder->Unity call handler->MeetMe to simply Caller->IPCC Script->Unity call handler->MeetMe

As for my IPCC script, I used arrays to handle my plethora of conference lines, it greatly cut down on the size of my script.

can you post some screen shots on how you did this, I need to set up a some thing the same, can you also add the announce name feature

Thanks

HI Sankar,

I'm wondering if there are any ways to announce the caller's name when he/she leaves the conference call.    Currently, we are using Unity and it does announce the callers' names when they join the meeting.  However, we cannot play "XXXXX has left a meeting"  when he/she hangs up the call...

Any suggestions???

thank you,

Nana

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content