cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity CallMgr NT permisions

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I am installing Unity as standalone integrating with call manager. Already I am having problems with authentication because the NT domain is accross a T1, and on the other side they are running Boarder Manager which seems to be blocking some of the traffic and not allowing me to connect with the domain. I believe I can get the domain to authenticate and all but wonder if I will come against a different problem. When Call Manager was installed they couldn't authenticate either so they installed as NT servers in a workgroup. The unity server has no permission on the CM and CM has no permission on the domain or the Unity computer. Is this going to present problems in the integration? I have only integrated CM and Unity once and then both were members of the same domain. <br><br>Anthony Duval<br>Systems Engineer <br>Special Order Systems<br>aduval@team-sos.com<br>

2 Replies 2

mslaga
Level 1
Level 1

I would suggest either a bdc in that location, or making your Unity server a domain controller for a new domain and set up a trust to the original domain.

As far as problems between authentication between the Call Manager and the Unity server, it won't be a problem. The two only access each other via skinny protocol and do not use NTLM authentication. The only permissions you need to look at is the calling search space configuration.

Matt Slaga
TimeBridge Technologies
MCNE, MCSE2k-4.0-3.51, CCNA, CIPT2.0

Not applicable

You will want to make sure there are no firewalls preventing Unity from connecting to port 2000 on the CallManager server. If an IP phone on the same network segment as Unity works, then Unity should work also.

Aaron Belcher
Software Engineer
Active Voice
abelcher@activevoice.com