cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Can't read exchange mailboxes

dnmann
Level 1
Level 1

I can leave a message over the phone, and Unity delivers it, but nobody can listen to voicemail. They log in, select new messages, Unity says "new messgages, voice messages, sorry this system is temporarily unable to complete your call." Have a ton of these errors in the event log.

Source: AvConcMsg_MC

Event ID: 10002

Description:

DoMessageStack returned [0x80004005] on line 117 of file e:\views\cs_ue3.1.3.43\un_Conv1\AvConvSubscriber\AvConvSubMsgStackSvr\AvSPlayMessageStack.cpp

Running conversation SubMenu on Port 1

Subscriber Display Name : David Mann

Subscriber Alias : DMann

Running conversation SubOldMsgStack on Port 1

Help, Please.

8 Replies 8

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity version?

Exchange version?

On/off box Exchange?

Can you see the voice mail ok in Outlook and play it back?

Any virus scanning software in place (this sounds awfully similiar to some virus software shenanagins).

Unity 3.14

Exchange 2000 SP3 (The client apparently put this on 10 days ago, I just found out about it right now)

Off Box Exchange

Can see voicemail in Outlook and play it back

InnoculatIT virus software running on Exchnage box (the client's doing as well)

I got a 10 spot that says it has something to do with the virus package... can you have them disable it and run some tests?

SP3 isn't approved yet but testing so far hasn't found any major problems - I'm sure we would have noticed not being able to get at your messages over the phone!

Well, the Exchange admin just realized he never installed Antivirus on that box. There is a possibilty that an outside consultant made some changes to Exchnage, I am waiting to get an answer back on that. This started occuring at 11:57 today and nobody here come come up with any events that correlate with the problem beginning.

Upon further inspection, I found these two errors in the event log.

Source: MSMQ

Message Queuing was unable to join the local Windows 2000 domain. Hresult- c00e0075h

Source: MSMQ

Unable to complete Message Queuing Setup. Hresult- c00e0075h

These occured at about 10:20 this morning, which is about the time I installed the hotfix for the AVP flag not being set problem and then rebotted. Might this be related?

There is no virus software running and everybody swears that no changes to the Exchange server have been made. Any other ideas?

sarrick
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same error for a single user....did you find out what the issue was?

For the MSMQ error that was mentioned earlier in this thread, it has nothing to do with the Unity error. The MSMQ error is coming up because of an incorrect installation selection that was made. If the event ID is taken and searched for at www.eventid.net, there will be a workaround to get the MSMQ error out of there (even though it's not hurting anything).

The Unity component that deals with MAPI has a bad habit of changing the MAPI failure codes (although not always entirely descriptive themselves) into the generic E_FAIL -- which is the 80004005 that gets passed back up to the Conversation.

If the there is a Unity subscriber that has client-side virus scanning software that effects email, one thing that could be tried is to temporarily move all their messages (since there is probably one that we are choking on) to another folder. Then disable the virus sofware. Leave a couple of voice mail messages for the user. Check one of the messages so that it becomes "read". Now there should be a new and old message. If another call is placed to retrieve the message, does the same failure come up?

It'd probably be a good idea to contact TAC about this one.