Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity - Can you append to a wav file?

Unity vr 3.1.3 - I have 11 call handlers that need additional conversatations added to their greetings (adding more caller input options). Is there a way to append to the existing WAV file instead of re-recording all of them?

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity - Can you append to a wav file?

sure... on the media master control in the SA just move the slider bar to the far right and hit record - it'll ask you if you want to append or over write, tell it to append and go.

I moved the slide bar over and hit record, it did not ask if I want to append or overwrite, but did allow me to record after the original message. This is fine, but I have 11 handlers that need the same message appended. Is there a way to copy and paste the additional message instead of recording it 11 times? (Each handler has different message prior to the desired append).

Cisco Employee

yep... you can record what you want to append in a spare media master control (i.e. the voice name of a handler somewhere) - save this to a WAV file using the "paste to file" option. Then you can use the "paste from file" option to tack it onto the end of all the recordings you want. When you done, you can delete it from the spare media master slot...

Thank you - This worked great!!!!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content