Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity CCM AD2000 :same pin code

Hi,

I am looking for using the same pin code = phone code between Unity 4.0.3 and Call Manager3.3.(3) using an Active Directory 2000 architecture ( CCM + Unity )

Is it possible ?

Can you help me ?

I need your help as soon as possible

Irene

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity CCM AD2000 :same pin code

The phone password for Unity is not stored in the directory and replicated around - there's no way to share the phone password between CM and Unity users at this point.

Hi,

Just to be more precise, it seems to be possible but not supported by Cisco TAC.

Best regards

Irene

Cisco Employee

No, it's really not possible - since Unity is not storing it's password in the directory where CM could get at it I'm not real sure how you'd do this, TAC supported or not. The phone password is stored as an MD5 hash string in the local SQL table on the Unity server the subscriber was created on. We only look there when authenticating users over the phone.

Unless Unity and/or CM made code changes to share the PW (either replicate it around in known spot or know which SQL db to connect to remotely to go fetch it directly - not a very good idea) this simply wont work. Honest. We're not holding out on you to be obstinate, this just isn't possible without development changes.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content