Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity CCM AD2000 :same pin code

igolbery
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking for using the same pin code = phone code between Unity 4.0.3 and Call Manager3.3.(3) using an Active Directory 2000 architecture ( CCM + Unity )

Is it possible ?

Can you help me ?

I need your help as soon as possible

Irene

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The phone password for Unity is not stored in the directory and replicated around - there's no way to share the phone password between CM and Unity users at this point.

Hi,

Just to be more precise, it seems to be possible but not supported by Cisco TAC.

Best regards

Irene

No, it's really not possible - since Unity is not storing it's password in the directory where CM could get at it I'm not real sure how you'd do this, TAC supported or not. The phone password is stored as an MD5 hash string in the local SQL table on the Unity server the subscriber was created on. We only look there when authenticating users over the phone.

Unless Unity and/or CM made code changes to share the PW (either replicate it around in known spot or know which SQL db to connect to remotely to go fetch it directly - not a very good idea) this simply wont work. Honest. We're not holding out on you to be obstinate, this just isn't possible without development changes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: