cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity chewing up memory

dnmann
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Unity Server that dies periodically. Users just get a busy signal. After reading several posts here regarding memory leaks, I decided to go down that path. It seems that my Unity server is using a very large amount of memory, and it seems to increase daily. Right now it is using up 732 Megs of physical memeory, that is up from 711 Meg yesterday afternoon. I am running Unity 3.02 on Win2k, Exchange2k, SQL2K, TSP 3.04, Call Manager 3.1(2c).Any ideas. I am going into priduction with this sytem soon.<br><br>

3 Replies 3

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

What process is taking all of the memory? Exchange on or off box? AD on or off box? I suggest moving to 3.1(2).

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Exchange on Box, as is Active Directory. This is a voicemail only installation in a non Microsoft Network so this was the only way to go. The server has a gig of memory. The memeory breakdown for the big processes are as follows:

Store.exe 102,400.....this seems to be creaping up on me
AvCsMgr.exe 62,744
sqlservr.exe 55,460
inetinfo.exe 48,164
MAD.EXE 32,304....what is this?
LSASS.EXE 48,432....and this?

Not applicable

Ran a quick query on memory leak bugs that were fixed in versions later than 3.0(2)… here’s a short list

CSCdu61260 AA sessions: Inetinfo service test leaks memory and fails under Load test – This was fixed in 3.0(4) and 3.1(2)

CSCdu61308 exch2000ad DCM for AD: memory leak under test monitor load of about 1 meg per hour – should have been fixed in 3.0(2) and 3.1(1)

CSCdu63322 conversati UMR memory leak while Exchange is up -

CSCdv31042 exch2000ad AVDSAD memory leak – fixed in 3.0(4) and 3.1(2).

CSCdv69341 Web based Status Monitor has a memory leak – this one has come and gone… in general I advise folks just not to leave this guy running

CSCdv82145 AvCsMgr memory leak under AA loads breaks Unity – fixed in 3.0(3) and 3.1(2)

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)